Saturday, July 25, 2009

The other shoe

It finally happened.

A day 5 1/2 years in the making.

My wife's boyfriend/lover/sweetie whatever you want to call him, finally left his wife.

Now, before you criticize or judge, he didn't leave his wife for mine, he was miserable. At least from his side of the story (and there is corroboration to that!).

It's good news/bad news really.

Good news: he won't have to "sneak around" in a relationship with my wife.

Bad news: he won't have to "sneak around" in a relationship with my wife.

How did this all get started? That's another story altogether, just suffice to say that for right now, I'm feeling a little strange. Displaced? No. A little forgotten? Maybe so.

But the strangeness began last night when my wife told me we had to find me another girlfriend. WTF? most guys would be jumping for joy, but I'm not really sure what's going on, or even where it will lead.

I (we) have been polyamorous for about 4 years now (well, I've realized what I was feeling had a name 4 years ago). I had a wonderful girlfriend that I enjoyed spending time with, but she crossed the line in our relationship. She didn't want to have anything to do with my wife anymore, and I couldn't deal with that. We broke it off. Then about a year and a half ago, we started up again. That lasted a couple months. Now she won't even talk to me. (so that should explain the "another girlfriend" coment).

So, I'm feeling in limbo. Not knowing what the hell is truly going on.

Hoping there isn't a third shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment