Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Strange Dreams

Today has been a strange day indeed. I had the most strange, powerful, non-sexual erotic dreams last night. Here is how I described it on Twitter this morning:

Another night of restless dreams, haunted by a siren and a sorceress, waves of red blocking my vision but no fear, only....desire.

Was I being consumed? Tested? Foolish? As I made my way through the waves of red, I heard fading laughter, then a kiss.

I felt a whisper behind me, and as I turned, something, no someone, approached. My vision clouded. A soft touch, the smell of jasmine, then nothing.

As I was engulfed again by the waves of red, the sound of sweet laughter followed me.

And now, I am awake. Wondering. Still searching, the scent of jasmine still lingers.


And throughout this strange day, the scent of jasmine will catch me off guard. I will look around and see no source. No flowers, no women, just a hint of jasmine that stays just beyond my grasp.

I have also found myself seeing redheads. So what?, you might ask, redheads are everywhere.

I must admit having a special fondness for redheads (a long story there!), so when I see one, I will turn and look. But today, when I turn to look...no redhead.

So I have been trying to determine how a dream, admittedly powerful, could cause such "real" sensory stimulii, even now hours after the fact.

At first I thought I was going crazy. Then I tweeted a question asking if anyone else had experienced anything similar. I received several responses from people saying they had experienced that very thing before, to different degrees. So now I know I am not crazy.

The one question that remains, what does this all mean.

That will be a story for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment